Holding a Concert at Christ Church
Christ Church, West Didsbury has a reputation as an ideal venue for small to medium size concerts.
The church was built in 1882 and originally had pews and very fixed furnishings. In the last century, the fixed pew seating was removed and replaced with padded chairs which can be placed in any desired configuration.
The Church’s lofty roof and hard plaster walls help the acoustic by reflecting sound rather than absorbing it.
We have also held music festivals and have experience of coordinating events of all sizes.
Facilities at Christ Church
We can offer:
- A bright acoustic which complements all music
- A flexible performance space
- Seating for up to 250 people
- A Bluthner Grand piano
- A comprehensive 47-stop pipe organ at the West end of the building, with movable console (concert pitch)
- A Viscount physis digital organ in the East end of the building
- A limited licensed bar facility (wine and soft drinks) for interval refreshments
What we provide
As part of a concert booking, we can provide:
- Refreshments (staffed by church volunteers)
- Vestry space for changing
- A staffed door for tickets & programmes
- Publicity through our website, electronic mailing-list and flyer delivery.
Our 2018-19 concert brochure
(opens in new tab)