Rates from September 2022
Christ Church £35 per hour
Christ Church Hall £25 per hour
(£100 flat fee for parties – whole morning or afternoon hire duration)
St. Christopher’s hall £25 per hour
St. Christopher’s meeting room £15 per hour
Terms and Conditions of Hire
- The Hirer agrees to pay the fee one week in advance.
In the event of a cancellation by the Hirer within a week of the hiring date, the Hirer remains liable to pay the agreed fee except where the PCC is able to arrange a replacement booking.
- A £50 returnable deposit (in cash) is requested for parties and one-off hires. This will be returned after the hire if the premises are left in the condition in which they were found.
- Where the contract is for a regular booking the PCC reserves the right to terminate this agreement by giving notice of one calendar month, and the Hirer undertakes to give one calendar month’s notice of termination. Where the Hirer is in serious breach of this agreement, or fails to pay rent for more than three months, the PCC has the right to terminate without notice. Regular Hirers are encouraged to pay monthly by Standing Order. Rents are reviewed every six months and the PCC reserves the right to increase rates in order to cover heating and maintenance costs. One calendar month’s notice will be given of an increase.
- The PCC reserves the right to cancel this agreement without notice due to completely unforeseen circumstances, such as serious damage to the building or criminal activity. In that event, all of any fee paid in advance will be refunded to the Hirer.
- The PCC’s authorised officials are Mr Richard Lowe, Churchwarden (07713162274) and Mr. B. S. Bartlett, Church Secretary (0161 445 1924)
- The Hirer agrees to observe and perform the terms and conditions and stipulations contained in the PCC’s Conditions of Hire annexed to this document.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
- The Hirer shall during the period of hiring be responsible for the supervision of the premises, the protection of the fabric and contents of the building and the security of the building. This includes supervision of the car park so as to avoid obstruction of the highway. The premises must be securely locked at the end of the period of use and the alarm activated. Any keys provided must be promptly returned to the Rector.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for the behaviour of all persons using the premises during the period of hiring, whatever their capacity.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for ensuring that those, other than relatives, supervising persons under 18 or vulnerable adults, have obtained DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) clearance in accordance with the PCC’s Safeguarding Policy (copy attached)
- The Hirer shall be responsible for undertaking their own Risk Assessment, prior to using the premises
- The Hirer shall be responsible for obtaining the relevant copyright licence if livestreaming is to take place, and undertake to do this through their own media platform.
- The Hirer shall be liable for any loss or damage to the interior or exterior of the building and/or its contents caused by any person using the premises during the period of hiring and will reimburse the PCC for any necessary repair or replacement.
- The Hirer shall on making the booking inform an authorised official of any requirement to use the kitchen. Hirers are notified that occasionally church members may need to share use of the kitchen for the purpose of church activities.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for insuring against third party claims which may lie against it whilst using the premises. (The PCC carries third party insurance against any claims arising out of its own negligence, but this will not cover the Hirer).
- The PCC is not liable for any loss of or damage to vehicles parked in the car park.
- The Church at Christ Church West Didsbury is licensed for the sale of alcohol at restricted times and this must be arranged by the authorised officials. Other premised are not licensed.
- The Hirer shall not sub-let the premises.
- The Hirer undertakes not to use the premises for any unlawful purpose and to comply with all laws relating to the use of the premises.
- The Hirer shall remove all rubbish from their event and dispose of it on their own premises.
THIS IS A FAIR TRADE PARISH AND WE ASK YOU TO USE ONLY FAIR TRADE GOODS WHERE POSSIBLE.